Google Photos – unlimited photo and video storage on the App Store #google #photos, #unlimited #photo #and #video #storage, #google, #inc., #photo # # #video, #ios #apps, #app, #appstore, #app #store, #iphone, #ipad, #ipod #touch, #itouch, #itunes
Google Photos – unlimited photo and video storage
Google Photos is a smarter home for all your photos and videos, made for the way you take photos today.
“The best photo product on Earth” – The Verge
“Google Photos is your new essential picture app” – Wired
“Upload the pictures, and let Google Photos do the rest” – The New York Times
• FREE UNLIMITED STORAGE: Back up unlimited photos and videos for free, up to 16 megapixels and 1080p HD. Access from any device and photos.google.com—your photos are safe, secure, and private to you.
• FREE UP SPACE: Never worry about running out of space on your phone again. Photos that are safely backed up can be removed from your device’s storage in just a tap.
• VISUAL SEARCH: Your photos are now searchable by the people, places and things in them—no tagging required.
• SMARTER SHARING: With smart sharing suggestions, giving your friends the photos you took of them is painless. And they can add their photos, too, so you’ll finally get the photos you’re actually in.
• SEND PHOTOS IN SECONDS: Don’t waste your data by texting and emailing photos. Instantly share up to 1,500 photos with anyone, right from the app.
• MOVIES AND GIFS, MADE FOR YOU: Get automatically created movies, collages, GIFs, panoramas, and more from your photos. Or easily create them yourself.
• MOTION STILLS: Advanced stabilization turns your Live Photos into beautiful looping videos or GIFs.
• ADVANCED EDITING: Transform photos with a tap. Use intuitive and powerful photo and video editing tools to apply content-aware filters, adjust lighting, and more.
• SMART AUTOMATIC ALBUMS: Tell better stories, without the work. Automatically get a new album with just your best shots after an event or trip, then invite others to add their photos.
• REDISCOVER: It’s easier than ever to relive your memories. Get collages of photos you took a year ago on this day – perfect for #tbt.
• ON YOUR TV: View your photos and videos on your TV with Chromecast and Airplay support.
Note: Face grouping is not available in all countries.
Using GPS in the background can decrease battery life. Google Photos doesn’t run GPS in the background unless you turn on optional features.
What’s New in Version 3.1.0
• Performance improvements
• Sharing photos with friends just got easier. Check the new Sharing tab for smart, personalized suggestions that help you quickly share the right photos with the right people.
• Grant a trusted person—whether it’s a spouse, best friend, or family member—access to some, or all, of your photos. No more asking each other for photos.
• Set up rules to only share photos of specific people or time ranges.
Creative, Intuitive, and Reliable
by Andrew Frausto
Contrary to other photo backup accounts such as iCloud by Apple or Flickr by Yahoo, Google photos provides a reliable outlet for all of your photos. With the versatility of being able to access, view, and download your photos from virtually anywhere with internet access, it is sensible to know that all of my personal photos are safe and at my fingertips. I personally have been using google photos for over five years now and even though I have 100+ gigabytes worth of photos on my account, the app is fluid and easy to use. The app also has the ability to organize your photos through photo and face recognition so all I need to do is type in a keyword or the name of an acquaintance to reach all of the photos that meet the search criteria. I strongly recommend this app to anyone that takes pictures because with all of the reliability of GOOGLE and with your first 15 gigabytes free you have nothing to loose and everything to gain with the amazing google photos app.
Overall great but some flaws.
Who can complain about unlimited storage? The pictures are in great quality. It’s fantastic and it’s extremely easy to use. Google even automatically syncs photos. You even have the option to simply delete the original picture that takes space! Sometimes it automatically creates a collage or video of pictures which is simple to share. AWESOME!
Personally, Here’s the flaw: when you upload/sync the photos, you do not have the option to upload an entire album together. When you upload anything, all of the pictures get scattered- forcing you to recreate new albums within the app. It gets more annoying as you add more pictures.
However, that’s a minor flaw compared to the awesome benefits
So far. exceeding my expectations!
I actually already had high expectations. but Google really did a great job with this app. Love the assistant feature were it automatically makes/suggests ideas on creative ways to put my photos together. I was worried first about all I read regarding the compression/quality of the pics. but all these pics look great. and since I hardly (honestly ever) ‘print’ out pics. so far, this solution has been a no-brainer. It’s a relief to know that I don’t have to just rely on my devices (iPhone 6s) and Mac to ensure all my pics are secure. And. it’s a great way to share pics with others. Thanks Google!