Houses for Rent in Florida #apartments #for #rent #in #bangor #maine
Homes for rent in Florida
Explore Houses for Rent in Florida
Florida is the southernmost state in the U.S. and borders only two others, Alabama and Georgia. Though it is known as a vacation hotspot for many Americans, Florida can be a great place to find a home for rent as well. A large portion of the state is in close proximity to beaches, making the region ideal for renters that enjoy the sand and surf. Florida is also home to a number of urban centers, including the state capital of Tallahassee. Jacksonville, Miami. Orlando and Tampa. With so many major cities to choose from, renters have ample opportunities to explore diverse recreation and employment possibilities in Florida.
Interesting Facts That FL Renters Should Know
- On March 3, 1845, Florida was recognized as the 27th U.S. state. David Levy Yulee was chosen to be the state’s Senator, while William D. Moseley became Florida’s first governor.
- The Great Depression hit Florida before the rest of the nation, with the state’s severe economic downturn beginning in 1926 rather than 1929.
- More than 2,000 Floridians became soldiers in the Union during the Civil War, though a projected 15,000 sided with the Confederacy. The state also supplied the rebels with pork, beef, cotton and salt.
- Florida came under British control in 1763, when the state was traded for Havana, Cuba, in an exchange with the Spanish.
Top 3 Destinations for Florida Renters to Visit
- Amusement park aficionados have a lot to love in Florida, which hosts quite an impressive selection of entertaining destinations. For instance, Walt Disney World gives visitors the chance to experience of wide variety of rides, such as Space Mountain® and the Haunted Mansion®. Kids also have the opportunity to meet their favorite Disney characters.
- Universal Studios Orlando is another haven for fun lovers with a cornucopia of attractions, ranging from amenities for more mature audiences, such as Terminator 2®: 3-D, to family-friendly rides, including Despicable Me Minion Mayhem and Shrek 4-D.
- Florida renters may also want to spend some time soaking up the sun and waves in Key West or taking advantage of the areas various dining and nightlife options.
Fun Facts for Florida Renters
Florida’s state flower is the Orange Blossom, while the state stone is the Moonstone. Florida is second in the nation only to Alaska in the number of islands larger than 10 acres located inside the state, with about 4,500 situated within its boundaries. During the average winter in Florida, temperatures do not drop below freezing.