Online Barber Courses, Classes and Training Programs
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Aesthetician and Skin Care
- Barber and Hair Cutting Services
- Beauty Salon Management
- Cosmetology, Hair, and Nail Instructor
- Facial Treatment Specialist
- Hair Design
- Make-Up Artist
- Nail Technician – Manicurist
- Permanent Cosmetics and Tattooing
Although some barber training programs allow students to complete a few credits online, most barber courses are presented only through on-campus programs, since students need hands-on practice in cutting, trimming, styling and shaving hair and facial hair. However, distance-learning and online programs for continuing education seekers can be found at many vocational schools and 2-year colleges. Completion of a certain number of CE hours is necessary for maintaining an active barber license.
Online Barber Courses
The course overviews below describe some commonly offered online barber courses.
- Laws for Barbering and Cosmetology: Every state has different statutes and codes for barbering and cosmetology. Though this course is offered online, it usually reflects the rules of the state in which the offering school’s brick-and-mortar campus resides. Students learn about the different laws governing licensure, inspections, penalties and the responsibilities of barbers and cosmetologists.
- Safety and Sanitation Course: This course emphasizes the methods used for proper safety, sanitation and cleanliness in cosmetology and barbering establishments. The dangers of poor sanitation are also examined, regarding such issues as HIV and other infections. Students learn to apply universal precautions when in contact with clients.
- Barber Instructor Course: Sometimes consisting of both classroom work and online study, this course helps prepare students to become instructors at barber and beauty schools. Students learn about record keeping, grading, developing lesson plans, setting goals, managing classroom assignments and basic first aid.
- Beauty Industry Business Course: This course is aimed at licensed barbers or cosmetologists interested in owning and operating their own business. Topics include marketing techniques, small business opportunities, choosing employees, financing and risk management.
- Basic Barbering Course: In this course, students will learn the fundamentals of men’s hair cutting. The course will cover how to handle basic equipment such as scissors, clippers, combs, and razors, as well as introducing some beginner level hairstyles.
Next: View Schools
Learn about the education and preparation needed to become a manicure technician. Get a quick view of the requirements as well.
Research the requirements to become a barber or hairdresser. Learn about the job duties and read the step-by-step process to.
Hair technicians require little formal education. Learn about the education, job duties and licensure requirements to see if.
Learn how to become a barber’s instructor. Research the education requirements, training and licensure information, and.